Wednesday, October 19, 2005

*sigh* I Hate junk mail...

Well I have many many email accounts. One is for my ebay purchases. One is for people to send junk mail to me. One is for my ISP account. One is for my 4-H club and one if for REAL mail from real people.
SO...to make a long story, well, longer....
I went on my monthly check of my junk mail account. My sister-in-law and one of my old college rooomates (and she was a bridesmaid of mine) and my mother-in-law send me tons of mostly stupid stuff. "Pass on to 10 people and you will have good luck for 10 days, pass on to 100 people and you will have a year of good luck pass on to 1000 people and your pretty-close-to-God status."
ANYway...one of the emails I got from my old college roommate is as follows:

***
"How ironic is this??!! They don't even believe in Christ and they're getting their own Christmas stamp, but don't dream of posting the Ten Commandments on federal property.
USPS New Stamp
*picture of new stamp commertaing a Musalm holiday*

This one is impossible to believe. Scroll down for text.

Of there is only one thing you forward today...let it be this!

Remember the *MUSLIM* bombing of PanAm Flight 103!
Remember the *MUSLIM* bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993!
Remember the *MUSLIM* bombing of the Marine barracks in Lebanon!
Remember the *MUSLIM* bombing of the military barracks in Saudi Arabia!
Remember the *MUSLIM* bombing of the American Embassies in Africa!
Remember the *MUSLIM* bombing of the USS Cole!
Remember the *MUSLIM* attack on 9/11/01!
Rmemeber all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks!

Not the United States Postal Service remembers and honor the EID MUSLIM holiday season with a commemorative first class holiday postage stamp.

Remember to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp when puchasing your stamps at the post office. To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.

REMEMBER to pass this along to every patriotic AMERICAN you know."

****

Now, reading that, Does that make you think that Muslims are good people?

I was very very offended by this email and just as suprised that my friend even thought that way.

Along that line of thought, all Christians are responsible for the holocust because the Nazis were Christian. All Americans are responsible for the horriable things done in Vietman because some americans did them. All women are mother because we have a friend who is a mother.

Well I emailed my friend and told her my thoughts her reply was that the junk mail nowhere said that ALL Muslims did those acts.

No, but the nice big bolds REALLY stressed it.

She also said she was offended that I was offended and she has such a hard life and she does not like me anymore because I don't email her or IM her. I sent a reply back say yes, we both live busy lives but you have email and IM too.

So, anyway...Longer story even longer...she send me one more email saying she does not want to be in contact with me anymore.

At least I have all of you out there in blog land now...

Right?

Just me,
Fran =)

1 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Someone said...

Hey look, some spammers left you comments.

What is up with that girl? Well, from the little I know about her, and if it's who I think it is, she's probably just not taking her meds right now. Yeesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home