Friday, January 05, 2007

Adoption, Christmas, Family and Friends...

Only one more piece of paper to get to the agency.
We got a call from the social workers intern today. She said she was calling to have us come in and sign our homestudy (meaning we have been approved) but she noticed that they STILL did not have the letter from my doctor. So I call my doctor (AGAIN!) and they will be mailing it out (again) today.
The problem there was that our original social worker left and the medical paperwork addressed Attn her. So they got lost in the shuffle I think. But it was not big deal. Everything happens for a reason, it just means that our child is not being shuffled into place by the fates, or well, our life is shuffling into place at the right time to welcome OUR baby =)

Our trip east was wonderful!
Merlyn was so good, very happy to be able to run around off leash. But by the end he was READY to go home.
Seeing everyone was so great. John's family is always so amazing. WE have seen them a few times when they visited us out here, but we had not seen his sister or nephew in a long time. We also were able to make it to the crazy Christmas Eve festivities with his moms family. That is always not a good place for a wallflower-type person like me! But even that, as loud as it was, was wonderful!
Seeing my dad and step-mom was wonderful! Just talking about old times and learning about what has changed or what is going to change in the area where I grew up is so great! I spent one morning going to some of our old cemetaries in Danville and taking some pictures, that was great. I also got up the courage to stop in the house where I grew up and see how the man has changed it. When I was there, I had a barn where the horses and goats were kept (3 14x14 stalls, one 14x20 stall and 14 5x10 stalls). Now he stripped that bare and he is teaching Buddhist meditation there. I think that that is just really awsome, actully. Very different, but very awsome!

John was also able to catch up with some of his college (PSC) friends, too! He was able to see Rob and Tina (hopefully soon to be married!), Hez and her husband Mike, Shawn and best of all Brian! Now they are all friends of mine, too, but John has known them longer than I. So that was really awsome too!

And, of course, we had to stop in and see the wonderful Eva, Brian, Gannon and rashy-Acadia!
Though that visit was not as long as planned, we all wanted to go home (Merlyn more than us).

So...I think that does it for an update! Hows that? =)

Oh yea...I will post all the pictures in my next post...=)

Just me,
Fran =)

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GLAD TO HERE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME ON YOUR TRIP EAST. LOVED THE PICTURES EXCEPT FOR ONE. COLTON'S FAVORITE! HE WANTED ME TO THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE PIC OF MEMERE.
LOVE YA ANYWAY,

MOM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home