Thursday, November 03, 2005

Man, what am I thinking!

Well, I think I am going to be going to Florida for FIVE months now.
Nope, not just the 2 weeks (which ar first seemed forever!).

John and I took our car in to get an oil change, a belt replaced and a state inspection. Well, our beloved car did not pass inspection. And to make it able to pass inspection it would of cost over $2000. To make it a little worse. They had to scrape the inspection sticker off and could not let us take it off the lot since it is not inspected. *sigh*

THANK GOODNESS John was with me! He usually does not come, but if he was not there, I would of broken down right there!

So, we ended up borrowing money from mom wonderful wonderful mom for a down payment on a new 2006 Saturn Ion. We LOVED our last Saturn and we have been tossing around the idea about getting a bigger car, or at least something with more cargo room. But not so suddenly did he want to make the decision and sign the papers.

But ANYWAY...
Are you wondering yet how this might tie into spending 18 more weeks than I expected in Florida?

Well, simply, more money. The job I would have here for me would not be paying me as much or giving me as many hours. Florida will be an awsome oppurtunity for me and if I ever leave Up The Creek then it will be awsome on my resume. It will also be lots of fun.
BUT...
John =(
Merlyn =(
our new house =(
our new car =(

BUT...
No snow =)
no high heat bill because I am cold =)
no wear and tear on the car since I will not be driving 40 miles a day in it and John will be walking to work all the time so the car will just sit =)
No snow! =)
More money that I would be making otherwise =)

The barn owner will be flying me home once a month for 4 or so days. Perhaps John can even come down on his spring break. We will also hopefully be living in a condo or townhouse down there. The origional plans included us living in 25ft campers at the Lion Country Safari KOA.

*sigh*
So, I guess I am going.
If anyone is going to be in the Wellington/West Palm Beach area this winter look me up.

Just me,
-Fran =)

1 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Someone said...

Enjoy it while you can....once you have kids, this kind of thing is impossible! Well, I guess it is possible, but I know you'll be a better parent than that. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home