Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I love orchids!

At the start of summer I bought my first orchid. Well, actully I rescued it from a local nursery. I love it. It has not bloomed yet, but new buds are forming...it is a Phalanopisis- Baldan's Kaleidoscope 'Golden Treasure' - blooms will be peachy pink with red zebra stripes, a nice looking 2 flower stem plant.

competition. While at one of them I saw the most amazing orchid. It is also a Phalanopisis "Golden Treasure", it is 1/2 way in bloom and it has *FOUR*, yes **FOUR** flower stems! HUGEThis last weekend John and I went around to local nurseries to check out Grossmans plant, hard to get in the car without a bloom hitting on things. (yea, I bought it...)

Now, some of you out there might not understand this and why it is so awesome being a 4 stem and all. Well, BASICALLY the more stems the better. Usually you see one stems and two stems. One stems are cheap ($20-$30 here), two stems a bit more expensive ($30-$50) and when you find a three stem they are more ($50-$80). So are you keeping up with the increase in price. SO I bought a FOUR stem....ANY guess how much I paid? Well, I would say that a four stem like this one would be in the range of $80-$120 and even higher.
Any guesses?
Remember, I am poor.

$34.99.

I love orchids!

Here are some pictures of my new orchid...
(Excuse the quality of the pictures, they were taken on my *CHEAP* $9.99 digital)



Just me,
Fran =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home