Saturday, January 06, 2007

Another reason to love Rochester!

For Christmas John's boss gave us some tickets to a Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra performance.

We went tonight and it was amazing!

The pieces were:
Wallingford Riegger
Dance Rhythms, Op.58 (scroll down and click on the sample link)

Sergei Prokofiev
Concerto No. 2 in G minor for Violin and Orchestra, Op. 63

Felix Mendelssohn
Symphony No. 4 in A major, "Italian," Op 90(scroll down and click on the sample link)

Johann Strauss
On the Beautiful Blue Danube, Waltzes, Op. 314 (I hope that link works for everyone!)

On my goodness it was so good!

The Riegger was so bouncy and a great way to start.

The Prokofiev was the low point for me. It was the main piece of the night with the RPOs concertmaster (violinist Juliana Athayde), but I lacked flair and energy for me. I did, however, enjoy the bass and plucking work in it. That was enough to keep me awake for the 26min of it.

Mendelssohn was amazing, vibrant and happy.

But the best of the night by far was the Blue Danube. So great I wanted to get out of my seat and dance, or at least learn how to waltz in the near future.

Rochester rocks!

Just me,
Fran =)

2 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Taz said...

hey fran-
it looks like you guys had a blast. (except merlin, he looks kinda pissed!!!) your guys families look like fun!!!! lots of youngins around!!!!!!!
love taz

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Taz said...

when is your BABY cooommmmiiiinnnngggg?????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home