Monday, January 29, 2007

Monthy Readings...

As I was going back through my previous posts, I saw (and remembered) that I would post my books that I had read for the month.
Well, one of my New Years Resolutions, again, it to read a book a month.
Well, actully it is to read one Fiction and one Non-Fiction book a month. That will be kind of hard for me, but I am going to try.
So here is so far...

January - I read (well, finished reading) Goblet of Fire. This had to be my favorite Harry Potter book. It go through every emotion and it is where things begin to go bad. I love it.

Now I have a few books going, actully.
1- Bridge to Terabithia - I thought I would read this before I went to see the movie. very quick and short and I already know 2 things 1- the movies is very loosley based on the book and 2- something bad happens to one of the charachters....it is good so far...=) This is the book I read at lunch at work.
2- Life of Pi - this is taking me a bit to see where the story is going. Actully, I cannot yet tell where it is going. He has discussed a family friend and the guys swimming career, the life of animals living in zoos and now he is talking about religion. Not sure I can see yet where this is going. It is alright, though, not going to put it down. This is the book I read while I am working out at the gym.
3- For the non-Fiction I hope to finish (For Feb) You on a Diet. I am really enjoying it. The scientific workings of my mind love how they are explaining fat and how ones gets fat and everything. Very easy read and hopfully it will sink in, or at least scare the crap out of me so I eat better because I am parionid! I read this watching TV on the couch at night.
4- Japanese Folktales. Short stories of very easy to read cute folktales from Japan. I read this while I am on the computer waiting for things to load (dial-up, don't-cha-know!)

I think my next Fiction read will be to start the Narnia series again. After going to go see Epic Movie (don't see it in the theater unless it is free!) then watching The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, I want to relive the whole series again.

After that, not to sure...

I think that is it....hows that for a reading update? =)

Just me,
Fran =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home