Saturday, February 17, 2007

Pink...

Thursday and Yesterday I went Pink shopping (not the musician - though the song "Stupid Girls" is good!)...

Up until yesterday, we had the normal gender neutral colors:
Green and Yellow

So I hit a bunch of stores and got pink clothes =)
I also did some scouting about for the cheapest and best places to get baby/infant clothes...here is what I found:
TJ Maxx rocks! Great stuff, sometimes NAME brand at like $2-5.
Old Navy rocks! Hit their sale area and you find stuff for $1-4.
Salvation Army/Goodwill/Volunteers of America are good. Our Salvation Army store is HUGE, great selection, good prices $1-2
Burlington Coat Factory/Baby Depot is good. Well, actully hit or miss. Their prices I would guess range from 10-20% less than retail, some more. We have two stores near us, one is usually cleaner/tidier than the other. =)
Children's Place has very nice CHILDREN'S clothes (as Eva said, not teen clothes for infants), but they have a credit card, which is dangerous! Prices were good, and sales prices were great.
Sears also had some really good sales this weekend on baby stuff.

So...I am going to post some pictures of the pink I got, in my next post (need to actully take the pictures, first!).

Our birth-mom's due date is today. She had an appt on Thursday and there were no changes (dilation etc.) so they said most likely nothing will happen this weekend. Which is good since Tasley has planned a baby shower for my co-workers for Tuesday. =) That should give us time to get the rest of what we need!

John's mom bought us a crib. She is also making the bedding/nursery linen set.
My dad and step mom bought us our pack-n-play, a bottle sterilizer and (from what I heard) a ton of wicked cute clothes from Kohls.

Well, I think that is it for now!

Just me,
Fran =)

1 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Someone said...

And I just sent you 4 boxes of stuff this morning! I have another boxful to send, but I had put it in a chardonnay box (from when we moved), only to discover that one is not allowed to mail stuff in a liquor box. Whoops. Gotta repackage and get it out to you guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home