Friday, September 29, 2006

Oh so tempting...

I really want to buy some baby stuff. But how much will that jinx things!
Just a pair of tiny socks? Please?

So, yea...We start our homestudy on the 19th.
We got the recepit from the agency saying they got our money, so that makes it real...

I keep dragging John to baby stores and through baby aisles/departments...or I just tell him I will meet him in electronics while I look. Best Buy and Babies-R-Us are right next to each other, and actully Target is right next to them, so it makes it very nice. =)

So, now I am starting to wonder a few things:
1- Where should I register? We have many Burlington Coat Factory stores here with Baby Depots in them. But every stores inventories is different, so that would only be good for people here. Babies-R-Us are everywhere, but their prices are high. Target just rocks so that we definatley will. How many places should we register at?

2- What theme should the nursery be? I like celestial. But our bathroom is that theme. Is that ok? Will it look funny? It would be 2 different color themes (bathroom is dark blue and bright gold, nursery would be subdued).

3- What bottles do I use? There are so many to chose from! OR, I have read a bit about adoptive mother actully breastfeeding the children by taking meds. Not sure about that, mainly on the taking meds side.

4- If I buy something now, will it really jinx things? =)

Just me,
Fran =)

2 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Someone said...

Hey, I thought you were doing your nursery in classic Mickey. Celestial is cool too, and if you choose that I have some stuff that I can hand down to you from Gan and Cadie. I don't know about jinxing things...I think it would be fine. And yet, maybe it would be more of a disappointment if things are slow to happen, if you've got a nursery waiting.

Target definitely is awesome for babies! Remember that people can also order online, that is if you're not thinking of elderly great-aunts who are not exactly internet savvy. Wal-Mart has a registry too, but I don't think they have as good quality things as Target. Older relatives, I've noticed, like buying from JCPenney. Maybe they are more familiar with it.

I think a pair of socks and a pack of Onesies would be just fine. :)

Love ya!

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FRAN if you want to..... i say go for it.... don't go overboard.....you guys definately deserve it!!!! i am sooooo happy for you though!!!!! love taz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home